Sunday, May 8, 2011

So I have a blog now and I don't know what to do...

 So I created this thing so I could give my writing chops a bit of a workout. The last thing I wrote was an essay a friend paid me to write, and to be completely honest I miss it. I always go on these rants to myself about the shit I read, watch, play or listen to and one day thought to myself "I should say these things to other people" so I started tweeting them. That, of course, did nothing as the people that follow me on twitter are friends I know in real life who have no interest in how great Wheatley is in Portal 2 or how Game of Thrones is fucking incredibly entertaining. So this is my next attempt at being heard! 


 I am currently involved in a project that will change the course of my life forever, because once it's done I can say to myself "Holy shit we managed to shit this thing out of us and it works and makes sense and we might be on to something" We, is a friend I've known since I was born, like literally. His name is Andy. We spent almost all of out free time together when we were kids playing games, watching movies, using skateboards in ways they should not be used and creating these elaborate dreams about how we would make awesome things together. Our first big thing was creating our own anime series, we were deeply into Dragon Ball Z and imitated the art style to a tee, even the heroes' names were similar, Chigeta, Rageta, Bogeta etc..(we thought the staple for Saiyan names was that they had to end in "geta") So, we were super convinced we would sell it to our local network and be the kid geniuses who replaced DBZ. After that we dabbled in failing at making a movie other stuff I will post about later. The other part of our fantastic team is Jenny, who I can't praise enough. She is probably the most talented being I've ever met. You can check her page on newgrounds http://ajennypenny.newgrounds.com/ or Deviantart http://eponagirl.deviantart.com/ or her blog http://ajennypenny.blogspot.com/. I recommend them all she is incredible. I envy her hands and wish I didn't have these tusk clumsy hands and could draw like she does.


 My role in this trifecta of awesome is making music. I love music, I hum music all day, I sing music all day and when I have an instrument I can play, I play it. But I know very little of composing and whatnot so this will be a journey into discovery. I am jumping head on into composing music in several genres and making it all make sense. To aid me in my journey, a dude will come to my house and teach me how to play the piano once a week and also allow me to pick his brain full of musical knowledge to put any doubts I have to rest. Meanwhile I will try to document my progress and upload anything I create, be it horrible or not so horrible. So opinions will be rewarded with my love and appreciation :D

3 comments: