Monday, May 9, 2011

Pizza Music!!

I didn't think the next post would be this soon, but alas here we are. I was chatting with Andy this afternoon
and as I often do mentioned that I was hungry. I mentioned that I was hungry about twice every 2 minutes, so Andy got hungry, and he told me that he was eating healthy and whatnot, so he couldn't eat anything good, he could only eat those shitty rice cakes that taste like air. I just moved out to a new place so I have yet to go grocery shopping for real, I have cereal, water and yeah milk for the cereal but that's about it. So i was telling him how he could order a pizza for me. The great people at www.pizzahut.com.sv allow our "hermanos lejanos" to order pizza for us here in El Salvador. So Andy from San Francisco ordered a pizza for me in El Salvador.

Many thanks were offered and in return Andy said that I shouldn't give up on music I wrote but didn't like, that I should send it to Jenny and maybe she can do something about it. So I felt guilty because since I moved, the midi controller has been neatly stashed behind my monitor. I decided I would make a song before the pizza dude came. The pizza came and I had maybe a little chord progression I was happy with, so I ate and told Andy we should skype so he could hear it. That turned into a 4 hour skype call in which Jenny and I pianoed the shit out of some 8-bit sounds and came up with the piece of music I most happy with up until now.

I had some problems with Ableton in which a loop fucked up the timing and I spent about an hour dumbfounded at all the sounds from old video games that I could make. But no more blathering here is the song. Please let me know what you guys think.


Pizza music by chamba-alvarado

P.S. I need a new name for the blog URL. Please help me find new name that's not "CHAMBAWORLD"

6 comments:

  1. Esto me da ganas de explotar burbujas de las cuales caiga comida o algo asi y que sea como una mision comer mucho, creo que en parte es por la description hahaha
    y que cool que te pueden mandar pizza, tri no sabia eso!!!
    Ideas..
    ChambaLand
    ChambaLemur
    ChambaElCobrador
    iba a seguir pero tengo sueño y no se me ocurre nada mas... (estoy bromeando con esto btw)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, me recuerda a Mario Bros. 3 (el mejor juego de la historia)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice :] It sounds like mario but is different enough to be more awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jajajajajaja muy muy enjoyable(:
    i read them!
    see? i'm an obedient neighbor.(;

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahahaha en serio me imagine jugando en el ipod tratando de "touch" las pizzas para que un maje con pecas, gordo, redhead y con lentes que se llame floyd se este tratando de comerselas hahaha ;) buen chambita medidor (btw ese puede ser mejor que chambaworld hahahaha)

    ReplyDelete