Sunday, August 7, 2011

Glass doors and no work make jack a dull boy

So I haven't written in a while and a lot has changed since I did. So here's the bottom line. I am no longer involved with the game I was making the music for with my friends. I couldn't really make the music in the time they needed. If I continued doing music I would have been at a level that I consider acceptable in a couple of months. So I kinda disappeared and time just told my distance with the project. I believe in the project completely and wish them all the best, if you own an IOS device then pick it up when it comes out.

After I realized I wasn't making the music anymore, I started thinking about a lot of things. If you were to ask me if I'd be happy making video games, the answer will always be yes. So why didn't I stick with it? At the time I didn't know. I thought I was just being a little asshole for not working hard enough and using the fact that I am a little tone deaf and not a very good musician as an excuse. I think what was really bothering me was the fact that I wasn't making the game. I was making the music for the game, I wanted to make the game. I want to make a game; come up with art ideas, develop characters, motifs, color palettes...I slowly realized the things I was thinking about were not a video game, but a story, specifically a movie. Film has always been the thing I love the most in life and I think I'm at the point in life where I need to do this.

I started brainstorming ideas and I think I came up with a pretty good one. I pitched it to some friends and it seems to hit exactly where I want it to, but it's gonna need a lot of work. I've been itching to write the script in the last couple of weeks but my stupidity and the way our body is put together stopped me from doing so, in other words, I crashed against a glass door and fucked up my hand pretty bad. I can't move my "flip the bird" finger completely. I have just regained enough mobility so that writing this does not hurt, so the script writing must commence. It's gonna be pulpy as hell and I want to jump right into playing with genre conventions and stuff. To not make this any longer, I will post again whenever something happens, but if things go like I want them it will be pretty soon.

I wanted to share this with Y'all because...well, I can't make a movie on my own. I need more people. So anyone who is interested in making a small love-filled little film, or even episodic content I haven't decided yet, but hit me up, let's work together.

If you want info on the plot, leave your email in the comments and I'll send you the info :D

No comments:

Post a Comment