Sunday, May 15, 2011

Portals, pedals and hate for Oliver Stone

The midi controller has been staring at me this whole week, kinda leering more than staring. I go into this weird cycle in which when something is done I want nothing to do with it anymore. The funny thing is the first and last piece of music I uploaded is nowhere near done, but my brain is acting like it is. This week piano lessons will start and I'm hopeful that church dude understands what I need and won't teach me how to play Amazing Grace in seven different keys.

The question is: If I have not been doing any music then what in the world have I been doing? Well to be honest with you, nothing very productive. I finished Portal 2 this week and wanted to write a post about it and discuss the finer details of storytelling in games and how amazing Valve is at creating worlds and making you believe these outlandish things about science. After thinking about that I thought about how stories now use science like this magical thing that can make anything happen and how in any medium the mysterious thing they use to create plot devices and stuff goes changing with the times and with what people are amazed with at the time. Like in the fifties it was nuclear fission and then it was genetics and then nanobots and so on and so forth. Then I started thinking about how I've been wanting to watch movies that make me feel good. Movies that make me not think very much but just feel good you know, and that's as far as that thought went.

So it was Saturday and I'd done nothing productive. Days before I had started sizing things up a bit and realized that Mathnesium, the place I work at, is about 1.25 miles away, and I'm fat and the place is kinda close, and you know I'm fat. So i dusted off my sister's old pink bike, went to the bike shop and got that sucker up and running. I was all ready to do a test ride up to the office and see if I could make it every day and in turn cease to be fat.

The bike immediately felt familiar in a way, I remembered how much I missed the wind in my face and swaying back and forth avoiding holes in the streets, jumping over sidewalks. I felt like a kid again. Suddenly I got to a point where a lot of cars were coming, my breaks were not the greatest in the land and I lacked the practice to swerve out of the way and had yet to get a hang of the gear shifting in this thing. I freaked and eventually stopped. I got back on the sidewalk and all I could think about is every time I see someone going up a hill on a bike I say "look at that poor bastard haha" and now I was the bastard, wearing a polo short, dress pants and vans. Things started to get heated right around the thigh area and I was running short on breath. Right before I could feel the pedals getting any softer or the cars getting any slower I start seeing less and feeling woozy. I started using my brain for the first time that day and thought "I am hungover, have not eaten anything since yesterday noon, drank one glass of water and it's 4:30 pm. What the fuck am I doing?" This lead to me getting off the bike looking like a dumbass dragging it to my house and getting in my car to buy sugar. I intended to go riding today but that didn't really happen. I watched a lot of movies today and ate cereal whilst sitting around in my underwear. This week I will continue with the bike riding escapades and hopefully have some new music to show you guys.

Oh yeah and Fuck Oliver Stone all his movies are shit and he should never be allowed to touch a camera again.

This is one of the first pieces of music I made with Ableton, I didn't want to post without having anything for you to listen to, so listen to that :D

Beach PARRY by chamba-alvarado

4 comments:

  1. Creo que este ha sido el funniest de tus posts!
    Suerte con las clases de piano! Y tu historia de la bici me gusto!
    Este tu blog se esta poniendo bueno!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about platoon?! that movie was awesome, you know dude, you should begin on a stationary bike before hitting the road on a real bike, I started running 2 weeks ago and I'm still not used to the whole breathing mechanism. But I hope things turn out for the best and you can lose some of that fatty fat, COOL STORY BRO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't really like platoon, your brother lent it to me and I was pissed by the first twenty minutes, I might make a whole post about my hate for Oliver Stone, thanks for zhe comments :D:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah si, te estan observando ahorita en tus undies...
    (esto te tiene que incomodar)

    ReplyDelete